Starting September 5, Metro is making changes to make riding easier, more affordable, and more convenient than ever.
- Free bus transfers – If you connect between rail and bus, your bus ride will now be free for all routes except Express service.
- Lower rail fares on weekends – Weekend fares on Metrorail will be $2 for a one-way trip.
- Lower prices for 7-day Regional Bus Pass – Customers will now pay $12 for a 7-day Regional Bus Pass, $6 for seniors/disabled customers.
- Extended Hours – The Metro will run until 1 a.m. on Friday and Saturday nights.
- Reduced Wait Times – Customers can expect to wait no more than 3-6 minutes for a train on weekdays at any station served by multiple lines all day until 9:30 p.m.
- Late-night service – More trains every hour after 9:30 p.m., every 5-8 minutes at any station served by multiple lines, and every 10 minutes on the Red Line.
- Reduced Wait Times – Wait times of 12 minutes or less on the busiest bus lines. Waits of no more than 20 minutes on 16 other lines.
- Additional Routes – An additional 64 bus routes, added either through restoration or addition.
For more information, visit WMATA’s website to learn more. If you have any questions or would like assistance with your trip on the Metro or Metrobus, reach out to our team at Info@MosaicGreenCommute.com! We’d be happy to help.